As you all know, we are raising money so that we may adopt another baby. We are continuing our efforts with a raffle for this beautiful, homemade, Christmas themed quilt. To date, we have raised just under $4,000, which means we still need to raise around $19,000. We thank you all for your prayers and support as we pursue our God given passion for adoption. I hope that these fund raisers are a fun way for you to participate in our journey.
UPDATE: WINNER ANNOUNCED at the end of the post!
Continue reading Win an AMAZING Christmas Quilt!
If you ever feel overwhelmed, burned out, or just generally ill-equipped to balance parenting and homeschooling and the rest of regular life stuff, then the Homeschool Teaching Summit is designed for you. It will refresh your excitement for the homeschool journey, equip you with practical teaching tools, and transform your vision for Christian education and discipleship, to prepare you for your best year of Christ-like teaching.
Most importantly, each video from this event will focus on the truth found in God’s Word and the hope that lies in trusting in Jesus Christ for today and for the future.
All of the video interviews with speakers bring a Christ-centered focus to these topics:
- Teaching Foundations (the big-picture homeschooling vision)
- Teaching Mechanics (teaching how-tos and strategies)
- Teaching “That” Kid (struggling learners and parenting helps)
- Teaching with Sanity (schedules and simplicity)
- Teaching for Eternity (Gospel-powered homeschooling)
The entire event free if you sign up by October 16th, and in addition to the video content, you’ll also get access to an easy-to-search online vendor hall (with exclusive discounts and freebies) and an a private Facebook group to connect with speakers and other attendees.
I encourage you to sign up today for the Homeschool Teaching Summit for a week of being refreshed, equipped, and transformed on the journey of homeschool teaching for God’s glory!
Learn more and register for free (for a limited time only!) at https://zb362.isrefer.com/go/2017/jfranzone/
The next round of adoption fundraising is here, and it is being run by our Sister-in-Love (sister in law to ordinary folks), India Gatewood. We will be raffling off the opportunity to WIN 1 MONTH WORTH OF FROZEN MEALS! No, these are not grocery store, frozen TV dinners with instant mashed potatoes and Salisbury steak (imitation grill marks). No sir! These will be homemade meals created by an army of friends and family, ready for you to simply heat up (instructions will be included) and enjoy! Here is how you can help and be involved:
- PRAYER! – Please be in prayer for the Franzone family as they travel down this road of adoption for the 2nd time.
- DONATE MEALS – We need donations for freezer meals. They need to feed at least one family of 4 and freeze well. If you are willing to donate a frozen meal, please contact India Gatewood. (If you don’t know how to contact her, please comment below to request details and we’ll try to arrange that.) You will get 1 FREE raffle ticket for donating a meal.
- BUY RAFFLE TICKETS – 1 Ticket = $5 (USD) or 5 Tickets = $20 (USD). Each ticket is a CHANCE OF WINNING 1 MONTH WORTH OF FROZEN MEALS! This is awesome, especially with the Holiday season nipping at our heels and as schedules become even more hectic than usual.
- SHARE THE LOVE! – You can share this post via any means at your disposal (email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.). Heck, you can print it off and hand it out if you like. Just help us get the word out! There is an Instagram-worthy image at the bottom for sharing.
Tickets are on sale NOW and the drawing will be held at the end of October.
NOTE: To participate you need to be local(ish) to the Gulf Coast area (Escambia County, Santa Rosa County, Jonathan’s coworkers, etc.). Basically, we need to be able to get the food to your house (driving) without it all thawing out and the point is to raise money, not spend it on shipping. Thank you for understanding!
“And whoever welcomes on such child in my name welcomes me.” – Matthew 18:5
- You can make payment via PayPal. Send to the account jonathan _at_ franzone _dot_ com and use the friends & family option. Your tickets will be placed in a sealed envelope and sent to you once payment is made. Please email me at aubrey _at_ franzone _dot_ com and let me know that you’ve sent payment and once that is received, I will send your tickets to you. Please include your address if you are not local.
- Pay directly to India Gatewood (if you know how to find her).
- If you would like purchase raffle tickets in person (i.e. at CC community day, church, or other) please email me and let me know how many you would like and we can make arrangements to get those to you.
* NOTE: The email addresses above should be read by you (a human) and translated into our actual email addresses. Writing them as they are above keeps the mean spam robots away.
Please share this image to get the word out!
It is the end of October…the end of October! We have a lot of catching up to do! The time since our last update has been so packed and the blog updates got away from us. We continue to joyfully move forward in the adoption and want to update you on where we are in the process…
Continue reading Where Did the Time Go?
Hello friends and family. We are happy to announce that earlier this week we submitted our Home Study Packet to the adoption agency. What does that mean, you ask? Well, it was a large packet of documentation which had to be completed and turned in prior to our home studies. It was an exciting moment for Aubrey and I as we checked off one more requirement between us and meeting our new child.
So, what’s left? How soon can we expect a baby? These are the questions we get most often and so I’d like to answer them for you. Continue reading Adoption Update: Home Study Packet Done
Aubrey and I have an announcement…
we have decided to pursue infant adoption.
Allow me to add some context…
Aubrey and I have three wonderful children. We started having children after being married for three years. It was our intention to wait to have children. We also stopped having children after our first two and then decided later that we weren’t quite finished. After a miscarriage God blessed us with our third. We arranged to have a tubal ligation during the planned c-section to prevent any further pregnancies.
Aubrey and I have both become remorseful over those decisions. The decision to limit when and how many children we had and the final decision to stop having children. If we could go back and do it all over again, we would not put any limits on when and how many children God blessed us with… they are a blessing.
God is sovereign. We take great comfort in that knowledge. He is not a weak God that could not have prevented us from stopping Aubrey’s womb. That isn’t to say we blame God for our decisions, but we know that He works all things together for our good (since we love Him and are called by Him).
So, here we are wanting more children without the ability to have any … biologically.
Continue reading Our Quiver is Not Quite Full
The Pensacola Civic Center is going to holding ice skating sessions starting May 17, 2009 at 4:00 PM through May 24, 2009. Tickets are $8.00 with a skate rental or $5.00 with your own skates. Yeah, I know a lot of Floridians with ice skates! lol Anyway, just thought I’d make a public service announcement as many of you may be looking for stuff to do to cool down this summer! Click the image below to search for tickets.
Rev up for non-stop fun with four of your favorite Disney stories at Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy. Thrill to high-speed stunts as Lightning McQueen, Mater and the crew of Disney/Pixar’s CARS race across the ice. Dive into The Little Mermaid’s enchanting undersea kingdom and experience the ‘Circle of Life’ with The Lion King. Then enter into the magical world of Pixie Hollow with Tinker Bell and all her fairy friends as they make their world premiere on ice! From wheels to waves, Pride Lands to pixie dust, your family’s favorite Disney moments come to life at Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy with dazzling skating, special effects and beloved characters certain to create a lifetime of memories.
Showtimes are starting Friday, May 8 @ 7:00 PM and tickets go on sale Friday, March 6. Ticket prices start at $12.00. Check Ticketmaster for more details.
Daryl Hall and John Oates, two of the most well-known stars in the music industry, are making a stop at the Pensacola Civic Center for an intimate theatre performance on Sunday, April 5th. Hall and Oates started working together in the early 1970’s and went on to become the most successful duo in rock history.Â With over 60 million albums sold, Daryl Hall & John Oates’ rich repertoire has garnered a total of 8 #1 hit singles along with dozens of hits throughout the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s, including 2002’s Do it for Love. Other top singles include: Rich Girl, Kiss On My List, Maneater, Private Eyes, I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do), Sara Smile, She’s Gone, and One On One.
Tickets go on sale Friday, February 20th @ 10:00 AM and start at $29.50. You can search Ticketmaster for more details.
Casting Crowns has just released a new Christmas album titled Peace On Earth (as of October 7, 2008). You can buy the CD on Amazon right now for $13.49 and it is eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping (if bundled with enough other merchandise to total $25 or more). You can also purchase the MP3 Album for $9.90 from the Amazon MP3 Downloads Store and have it right away. So what’s on the CD? The tracks are as follows:
- I Heard The Bells On Christmas Day
- O Come All Ye Faithful
- Joy To The World
- While You Were Sleeping
- Silent Night
- God Is With Us
- Away In A Manger
- Christmas Offering
- Sweet Little Jesus Boy
- O Come, O Come Emmanuel
Get your CD ordered today so you can start the celebration of Christ early!